Monday, November 2, 2009

Reid park 25-miler (distractions galore!)

Left about 4:30pm to Reid Park.  It's an easy 2-mile ride from home, along the Arroyo Chico and right to Alvernon.  Each time around Reid Park is 3-miles so it's easy to determine how many miles you want to put in.  Tonight, the only thing that stopped me was that it got VERY busy on the path and became unsafe for me to continue riding as it became dusk.  That path is FILLED with walkers at certain hours every day; walkers, dog walkers, joggers (most with their iPod on so they are unaware of everything around them).

Always distractions - tonight it was the usual hotties jogging, a huge full-moon and a new one - the darn restaurant (Claim Jumper) on the path smelled like Onion Rings!  I mean come on!  Here I am trying to ride mile after mile (get healthy) and I smell Onion Rings!

(sorry, no picture of the Hotties or the Onion Rings)












25 miles (rode home in the dark).  Done.
Poor Denise, I find her desperate for dinner, making this concoction. 
I need to go make her a real dinner now....

No comments:

Post a Comment