Thursday, November 19, 2009

17 miles, registered for Saturday's El Tour de Tucson, and front derailleur issue!

Rode the trike to the Tucson Convention Center for packet pick-up for Saturday's El Tour de Tucson.

Received timing chip, t-shirt, gooddie bag - all set for my first El Tour!

Here I am, rider #12886.  I think J2 is #12888.

J2 met me there (via car) as K8 had to go into work for a bit anyhow so it was convenient timing for us to meet up.









Signage, walls, bollards, and especially the bike path and road surfaces themselves are VERY neglected in Tucson.  Here's a photo of the one good sign on the bike path and a photo of one of the rest for comparison.














From there I went up 4th Ave., and my front derailleur came off!  I called Denise for a rescue ride but then noticed a bike shop right across the street!  Ordinary Bike Shop put it back on within 20 minutes and everything works great - all for $5.


I continued the ride through the UofA to the 3rd street bike route and happened along a large crowd, all on bikes, all waiting in line.  The city was giving away free Trek front & rear mini-lights if you filled out a survey about bike riding/commuting in Tucson.  So I did!




Here is the trike getting blinky-lights!

No comments:

Post a Comment