Saturday, November 21, 2009

El Tour de Tucson

Not only my first ever El Tour, not only my first ever "bike race", but my first ever competitive event!














J2 and I rode in the 35 mile portion today.  Starting in Oro Valley at Ironwood H.S., then followed the route (as mapped below) into downtown Tucson to the exciting finish line!

Here we are in Oro Valley, AZ at the 12:30pm start for the 35-mile portion.

Music blaring, announcements, and a line of over 1,100 of us waiting to ride.











View from the trike as we head into, UP, and through Rattlesnake Pass...













And in we come at 3:00:20!












Denise and mom had made up nice signs for us!

"J1 & J2..."
Now even my own wife & mother are calling me J1, oh no!

J2 & J1 at the finish.












Greeted by Denise!

Friends and family came to see us off, and greet us at the finish.

Bryan, Dino, Krista & Tony, Denise, and Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment