Sunday, October 25, 2009

Today's half-ride, half-rescue

Denise and I started out from home today.  Down Craycroft, onto the Golf Links/Aviation MUP, across the Basket Bridge, the Snake Bridge, around the new 4th Ave. bridge and a nice stop for an Iced Tea and snack at the historic Train Depot.

Here is the view of Denise looking up from the trike:

The plan was to head up 4th Ave., into the UofA, Mountain Ave, Rillitto eastbound, Craycroft to home.  Well we came down the Eastside of the 4th Ave. bridge after riding across it, into the street and... Denise's front tire gets caught in the trolley tracks!  SPLAT!

Yes, she fell hard, right into the street on Southeast side of the 4th Ave. bridge.  She rested a bit and then made it to Main Gate at the UofA where she sat on a restaurant patio with a cold drink and an ice pack while I rode my trike home to get the car.


Riding through the UofA I realized just how small the world is, just how small Tucson is and even smaller the Tucson Recumbent Trike community.

I rode right up besides DAVE, the guy on the Catrike Road who stopped on the Rillitto MUP and helped J2 with his flat (see pic from 10/17).

We rode together to Reid Park where I went East towards home, but not before getting his telephone number this time so we can ride together in the future.

Here he is as I pulled up next to him.  Dave was surprised and happy to see me and get to ride together a bit today.

I then get home, got Clara and the car, and went quickly back for Denise.  One hour and six minutes total.  Not bad time for me, but a long for Denise waiting at the UofA in pain.   :-(

A warm bath, two Aleve, and a rest in bed with a bite to eat before we have to meet my family for dinner later tonight.  She's pretty swollon from the fall but we think will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment